Mothering Forum banner
101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
This reminds me a bit of the lab leak theory - verboten and crackpot, until it refuses to go away - so pesky! When acknowledgments that there might be something there start to creep into the news... well, it will be curious to see where this goes and if there will be more of it. I have to say that I was surprised to see this in the WaPo.

NBA Player Jonathan Isaac and the Growing Natural Immunity Debate
His name is Jonathan Isaac, he plays for the Orlando Magic, and he has decided he will remain unvaccinated. His reasoning: natural immunity.
“I would start with I’ve had covid in the past, and so our understanding of antibodies, of natural immunity, has changed a great deal from the onset of the pandemic and is still evolving,” Isaac said.
Marty Makary of Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine made his case two weeks ago in The Washington Post.
“Unfortunately, many elected leaders and public health officials have held on far too long to the hypothesis that natural immunity offers unreliable protection against covid-19 — a contention that is being rapidly debunked by science,” Makary wrote.
When that pushback began, there was less actual evidence to back it. But as Makary notes, we’ve got more to work with now. The big piece is a study in Israel released a month ago that found natural immunity provides significantly better protection against infection than the Pfizer vaccine.
It’s also something other countries and even some U.S. vaccine mandates are accounting for. Germany, France and Italy administer one vaccine dose rather than two to those who have been previously infected. Israel’s “Green Pass” system allows entry to facilities for those who have been vaccinated or who have recovered from a coronavirus infection. The University of California system allows for a vaccination exemption of up to 90 days after an infection. Some hospitals requiring vaccines also allow exemptions for natural immunity
...it’s also worth recognizing that there’s still much we have to learn and evaluate about how natural immunity works. Just because vaccine skeptics have pressed a version of that debate while botching the evidence (like pundit Clay Travis claiming Isaac “isn’t at risk at all from covid”) and disregarding the added benefits of vaccination (including for the broader societal fight against the virus) doesn’t mean it’s an illegitimate one.
That’s particularly the case as we move toward an increasing number of mandates, which take vaccination decisions out of people’s hands.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
And here I am with a filter that filters it out. 😂 my European doctor was always shocked they put fluoride in the water in the USA. She said better a cavity than a fried brain…
reallllllllllllly makes me wonder about the fluoridated water supply in the US frying brains -- current actions of society seem to make it a reality.

·
Registered
25,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Fluoride really does not prevent tooth decay. IT is a myth.

Reactions: Deborah

·
Registered
19,155 Posts
Fluoride really does not prevent tooth decay. IT is a myth.
I've got a funny story about this. I moved a couple of years ago to a town with fluoride in the water supply. At my last visit to the dentist, the hygienist said that the enamel in one area is looking weak and she suggested applying fluoride to that area in one way or another. Okay. But I'm drinking fluoridated water. Doesn't it do ANYTHING?

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
25,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 · (Edited)
Anyone into glass etching as a hobby?

The chemical that etches the glass is sodium fluoride. Think about what that etching stuff is doing to your heart, brain, and kidneys. Ever wonder why there is a kidney dialysis center in every town?

Towns that have hard water have water that runs over rocks and contains calcium fluoride, which can turn teeth brown or mottled.

Product Jaw Sleeve Font Gesture

Font Rainbow

Happy Font Photo caption Biography Eyewear

• Love

·
Registered
5,116 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
SMH

Is my immunity waning? Doctors advise Pfizer vaccine recipients not to worry
Rofl they clearly don’t have a clue! It changed from super effective and sterile to not at all to don’t worry to by December I predict boosters every x months or we all will die. The sky is falling. 🤦‍♀️

·
Registered
19,155 Posts
Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
439 Posts
Well, the unvaccinated National Guard is available to fill in for sidelined, unvaccinated nurses.

WaPo - Hundreds of Thousands of U.S. Troops Have Not Yet Complied with Vaccine Mandate as Deadlines Nears
...90 percent of the active-duty Navy is fully vaccinated, whereas just 72 percent of the Marine Corps is, the data shows, even though both services share a Nov. 28 deadline. In the Air Force, more than 60,000 personnel have just three weeks to meet the Defense Department’s most ambitious deadline.
...critics say the large gaps between vaccination deadlines jeopardize how ready the military can be in a moment of crisis. They point specifically to the reserves and National Guard, which over the past two years have been called upon in numerous emergencies — at home and overseas — and yet large numbers of their personnel have so far refused to get vaccinated.
Combined, the Army Guard and Reserve comprise approximately 522,000 soldiers, roughly a quarter of the entire U.S. military, and they account for nearly 40 percent of the 62 service-member deaths due to covid-19, according to the data assessed by The Post. Barely 40 percent are fully vaccinated. The active-duty Army, facing a Dec. 15 deadline, stands at 81 percent.
In a statement, the Army defended the June deadline for its Guard and Reserve units, saying the date reflects how large those organizations are relative to other services and military reserve components, as well as the constraints imposed by the geographic dispersal of its members.

·
Registered
25,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
I suppose that all depends on your definition of unvaccinated.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Attempting to justify the bullshit -- he 'deserves' to be benched...

Why Kyrie Irving is getting exactly what he deserves

So, shunning is okay in society now, for not taking the Almighty Vaccine...

Having personal autonomy is now 'getting what one deserves'.....WOW and SMH...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just a couple of interesting articles for this thread.

Chicago Police Union Chief Calls on Officers to Defy Vaccine Order
“Do not fill out the portal information,” Chicago Fraternal Order of Police President John Catanzara said in a video to members posted on YouTube Tuesday. “I’ve made my status very clear as far as the vaccine, but I do not believe the city has the authority to mandate that to anybody — let alone that information about your medical history.”
Vaccine Hesitant New Yorkers Consider Leaving the City as Mandates Take Effect
A pandemic-induced population shift to Florida – sometimes called the city’s sixth borough – is already under way. As of March, more than 33,500 New Yorkers permanently relocated to Florida – up 32% from the same period in the previous year. Experts say people flocked south for looser Covid restrictions, affordable housing, and access to in-person schools.
“Overusing heavy-handed mandates that threaten people’s livelihoods is seen as cruel,” said Tom Sheppard, who serves on the city’s elected Community Education Council and is co-founder of Bronx Parent Leaders Advocacy Group, in a tweet. “You may even mean well, but doing it this way erodes trust instead of building it.”

·
Registered
15 Posts
Attempting to justify the bullshit -- he 'deserves' to be benched...

Why Kyrie Irving is getting exactly what he deserves

So, shunning is okay in society now, for not taking the Almighty Vaccine...

Having personal autonomy is now 'getting what one deserves'.....WOW and SMH...
Professional athletes are very high profile. Millions of followers on social media. This situation with this player will be interesting to watch. I can't imagine the jab pushers will allow this to go unchallenged. He will have to be made an example of. Get him back in line.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
His hypocrisy knows no bounds

Grey Wood Font Twig Electric blue

If California Gov. Gavin Newsom believes vaccination against COVID-19 is so important that it warrants mandates for all children attending public schools, then why is he fighting a court order requiring that state prison guards be vaccinated?
For months now, Newsom has joined the state prison guards’ union, one of his biggest political donors and one of the state's most powerful unions for years, in resisting a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for prison workers. The thing is, prisons should be a top priority for vaccination. COVID-19 spreads easily within them and puts both workers and prisoners at risk.

101 - 119 of 119 Posts