Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With each of my other pregnancies, severe morning sickness kicked my butt, especially in the first trimester, but I was still throwing up multiple times a week throughout the entire pregnancy. The thing that seemed to help the most was eating protein frequently. As a result, I ate a lot everyday and gained 60lbs with my first pregnancy, 50 with second, and 70 with my third. It really made the 3rd trimesters hard, especially the 3rd baby. I worked my butt off between each pregnancy to lose most of the baby weight. However, I would really like to stay a lot more fit this time around. So far, I’m tracking everything I eat and adding whey protein to my morning smoothies in an attempt to stave off the morning sickness. I’m also exercising daily. Anyone else concerned with this and looking to discuss, share, and be accountable regarding pregnancy fitness?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am definitely concerned about staying fit since I did not come into this pregnancy at a very good fitness level. I'm worried bout not being strong enough in later pregnancy and for labor. Dietwise, so far I've been focusing mainly on healthy whole foods for nutrition. I've been worried about morning sickness too and am trying to keep my protein intake up to attempt to avoid that. I also got an herbal tincture (http://bit.ly/MamasMorningMojo) that is supposed to help with morning sickness. Pretty good so far...I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m with you I’m trying to eat whole foods . I’m making morning smoothies with organic baby spinach, orange juice, frozen strawberries, bananas, and 100% whey protein isolate. I figure that should be a pregnancy super food. And exercise daily. It’s hard with 3 kids, but I’ve been getting up early to go for a jog/ brisk walk and then trying to fit movement in wherever else I can, like walking my kids to their lessons, or walking to the grocery store for smaller shopping trips.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may have to look into that tincture. I refuse to take meds, like phenergan or Zoltan, but it would be nice to not have to be as sick as I’ve been with the others.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I really though it would be easier to keep up with the exercise but I’ve just not felt myself since becoming pregnant and it’s so easy just to take it really easy and use the bump as an excuse not to do anything! Especially now it’s is so hot...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve set myself a challenge of at least doing 10,000 steps a day, but it’s proving fairly difficult. The only thing I’m consistently with is my Monday night pregnancy yoga class. It is so gentle and lovely!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts