Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been pregnant since the middle of the summer, WOW! Can you believe it? Has the time flown for you or been long?

I can't even remember hardly what it was like to be not pregnant...though I went from #1 to #2 fairly quickly, I will say. Now that I can feel baby moving all the time, it seems like I never wasn't pregnant.

But, I digress...we've still got halfway-ish to go, haven't we?

Just reminiscing, I guess.
:

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I know what you mean

I am really enjoying this time. I think that 20-30 weeks is the BEST time of pregnancy. I know this is my last so I am doing my best to enjoy it!

It has gone by pretty fast for me - I will be 20 weeks tomorrow and that seems pretty quick. I think once the holidays get here time will really fly by!

Keri

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i ask myself that all the time...has the time flown or has it stood still?
and I dont know the answer...

Being pregnant again soon after my loss-I feel like Im sort of in a fog where time is all warped and not what it is for others.

I need a baby so this fog can go away and I can see clearly again.

sorry, i didnt mean for this to come out gloomy but i *think* it did...

·
Registered
286 Posts
I feel like it has flown by! When I was pg with my dd, it seemed like every month creeped by, but I am already starting to panic that I'm not ready for this one. I still have a lot of work to do on my house!
:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Most of the time it has flown by! It's funny thinking back to moving my little pg tracker from 5 to 6 weeks and how SLOW it was going by. Now I'm almost 20 wks and halfway there!

Ooh, and starting to look more and more like this.....................

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I think time is moving so much faster now. When i was 4 or 5 weeks and worrying more, time seemed to stand still. I just can't believe i'm already half way done. I know the holidays are going to fly by, and then i'll just have three months left. If i remember correctly from last time, those last three months are the longest of the whole pregnancy. Your soooo close to holding your baby in your arms, yet three whole months away.

·
Registered
514 Posts
This time last year, I was two weeks less PG than I am now, with DD, and hardly showing. (I was also 20 pds heavier and could hide it better) and the time was creeping past. It was if everyday was a week long.

This time, was it really almost three and a half months ago that I was looking at that tell tale line with dropped jaw and furrowed brow? (After doing the math, I had only been unpregnant for six weeks. SO SOON!?!?!)

I watch my six month old daughter and remember what it felt like to hold her for the first time (havn't had much time to forget), and can not wait to meet this person growing within. Sigh.
:

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
It's going by too darn fast, and taking way too long!

Sometimes I feel like we have all the time in the world, and I spend too much time waiting, and sometimes I get panicky that's there's not enough time, and I'm so not ready.

There are still friends I haven't told.
: I think I may get to fulfil my long-time dream of showing up at the holidays very pregnant, and surprising a few people.

·
Registered
733 Posts
It's going way too fast for me!! 21 weeks now and I know from now until after the holidays are just going to fly by! I make my midwife appointments a few in advance and my Jan. ones start every 2 weeks already!!!! I'm sure the last two months will drag but so far I wish it would slow down.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
It IS strange to think of it.

The drama from the initial surprise of pregnancy to the close bonds I've formed with others because of it, the bonding process, and the transition from single girl to pregnant mom-to-be!

Half baked on this coming Tuesday!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Mummytwice - I didn't realize you're having Irish twins!!

For me, it seems to be going pretty slow. I think b/c I popped out and therefore into maternity clothes so fast. Now I feel like I've been pregnant forever, and still so far from baby arrival.

In many ways, it still kinda seems unreal. i've forgotten enough about postpartum days to not dread them as much as I probably should - so I'm acting like I can just fold this new baby into my routine as usual. I think I'm setting myself up for a slap in the face when I really have to juggle a 2 year old and baby. Not that I dread having the baby, but the reality is that the first 2 months are insane, sleepless and stressful along with the explosive love and joy. Also, we havne't picked names, we aren't doing birthing classes, we're caught up with our busy-ness - I haven't been bonding with this baby like I felt I did with DD.

Now that he/she's moving around more, i think I will start getting a sense of personality. I think DH hasn't bonded with it as much either, and we need ot work on that together.

I think I'm 23 weeks this week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts