Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD keeps doing this thing after she eats, and sometimes when she hasn't eaten in a while. She sticks out her tongue in a gagging gesture, licking like she's trying to get something out of her mouth, and fussing. I wondered if it is either reflux or sinus drainage. She has no other signs of reflux, like arching her back. She doesn't do it when she's feeded calmly (which is about half the time -- the rest of the time she stops in the middle and looks up at me in distress, crying, or she just feeds quickly and for a short time). I wonder about sinus drainage, because she can get pretty wheezy at night. This has gotten better as she gotten older and since I put an air purifier in our room. I also have a Miela vaccum and that helps. She has also had kind of phlegmy spit up lately. Not a lot, but some that I've noticed. And she gets phlegm or bm stuck in her throat sometimes, too. She doesn't have a runny or stuffy nose.

Anyway, does the tongue thing sound like either of these, or something else???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.