Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some pocket diapers the fleece is soft but the micofiber inserts are sticky on my hands. Will this soften up the more I wash them? Do you wear gloves when you stuff them? My skin is crawling. Any ideas?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think I know what you're talking about and if so, it's just the feel of the microfiber- any microfiber. I have microfiber/hemp inserts that do the same thing and I got some microfiber towels that I cut up to use for wipes and same thing- "sticks" to my hands.<br><br>
I've found it's my hands, not the microfiber. Since DD arrived, I'm washing laundry, dishes and my hands so often that they're dry and that's what scratching on the microfiber. After applying lotion it doesn't so much happen.<br><br>
Gives me the shivers too tho!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I won't touch the stuff.<br>
All cotton, all natural, all the time here. I just can't tolerate synthetics.<br><br>
If they came used and are sticky I think I would have to pitch them immediately.<br><br><br>
I hope you find a solution.

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
New microfiber inserts grab all the little skin bits on your hands and feel terrible at first. This is normal. They will stop this over time as you use them, and eventually feel like terry cloth.<br><br>
If it really bothers you, you could not use them, but wash them with every load of diapers until it stops. Some people like prefolds as pocket inserts.<br><br>
What I like about microfiber as a pocket insert is how soft it is, and how you can bleach the heck out of them if they get stinky.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Yep, just the feeling of the MF. Not my fave. I'm switching over to all hemp because I cannot stand the way it feels, especially on my dry winter-hands. ICK. It's definitely better if I've put lotion on recently so my hands don't have that flakey look to them.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am so happy you said they would stop feeling that way over time. I am going to wash them a ton and use some gloves to stuff them and lotion. Thanks!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts