Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ohio Recounts

and this from Kerry..

Quote:
"It's critical that we investigate and understand any and every voting irregularity anywhere in our country, not because it would change the outcome of the election but because Americans have to believe that their votes are counted in our democracy," said the Massachusetts senator.
I actually like the stand that he is taking. I think it's pretty laid back for a reason. How do I word this...ok, if he is not the one raising all of the hell about voter irregularities, then if (when, hey, a girl can dream, right!) said irregularities end in a different presidential outcome, then just maybe the mass public won't have too many problems with it. I know that there is someone here who can word that better...or I do actually know EXACTLY what I want to say, just don't want to be flamed for it

· Registered
3,275 Posts
Yeah, I get you. Kerry is letting the third party candidates take the media flack for wearing the tinfoil hats, while various groups are conducting audits and investigations. When there is irrefutable evidence, which will take a while because of the paperwork and stalling, then he can use his household name to make it a major issue. Maybe it will even turn over the election to him, but the more time that passes the less likely that becomes, doesn't it? What happens if we get through the electoral voting, inauguration and all that, and then the story breaks?

With all of the horrible stuff these guys have gotten away with, my cynical side says it won't matter. They'll just get away with it again. You know, it will be a few localized errors that will result in some shuffling of election boards, but no one important will take the hit.

I really really really want a smiley with a tinfoil hat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.