Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an appt. with my ob in two weeks, but I was wondering if you gals had any ideas.

I weaned DD the middle of March this year when she was 2.5 in hopes of getting af back so DH and I could start TTC. However, it's been 4 months, and still not much has changed.

I may be ovulating, but I'm not temping so I can't be sure. I do have slight ovary pains and lots of ewcm so I'm just making an assumption for now. Two weeks after I feel I've ovulated, I will get some brown spotting with maybe a bit of red, but no real flow. Just lots of brown gooey stuff.
Then, between 14 and 16 days after that "ovulation." So, my body is trying, but not succeeding I guess.

Does anyone have an ideas? BTDT? Help!
:

TIA!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grafted
Sounds to me like your body is trying.. have you considered some "balancing" herbs like vitex/chasteberry to sort of even things out?
I should have mentioned that I did that right before and right after I weaned (about a six month stretch.) Not much happened. I've had this same thing for about 8 months now. I was soooo hoping that weaning would kick my body into gear, but so far nothin'. I'm hoping I don't have to use modern medicine to do the trick though.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, you guys don't think I'm actually O'ing yet? Bummer.

What do you think my ob may suggest? I HATE bcp but I've heard that they'll do that to "regulate" you. Maybe Clomid? Eek! Any ideas?

(Oh, and I'm taking a B complex and I've tried EMP. I even did Donq Quai for awhile.)

·
Registered
921 Posts
Do you do nutrasweet? That can contribute to scant menses. Also you might look into having your thyroid checked. That can also cause the same issue. You might have excessively high prolactin levels. Those can be measured in teh doc's office. There is a prescription med that can lower prolactin levels but you might want to look into taking the vitamin Optivite, which has high B vitamins and can help regulate all the fertility hormones. Flax oil too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.