Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS still needs to be swaddled, but we're having trouble with him breaking out of his swaddle a few times a night and he then wakes up because he starts flailing his arms and bashing himself on the head.

We currently use a miracle blanket, but since he can get himself out of that we're feeling stuck on how to continue to swaddle him so we can get more than an hours sleep in a row. I've seen a swaddle blanket called the Woombie - has anyone used it?

Would love some feedback/suggestions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
My 6mo is also still swaddled. I saw someone post a video from YouTube the other day about how to double swaddle your baby and it looked like there was NO escape! I tried a Sleep Pod and it didn't work at all! She could still get her hands to her mouth through the blanket, so she woke herself up 4 times in 20 minutes. I gave up fast and went back to my home-made miracle blanket (i made out of flannel in a larger size). Anyway, I've heard that babies can also get their hands in their mouth with the Woombie, so it might not work.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I still swaddle my 9.5 month old in the Miracle Blanket, and try as she might, she can't bust out of it. Are you leaving your baby's legs out and swaddling snugly enough?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
i do the double swaddle from you tube now...she's 5 months.
i had been weaning her from the swaddle and with legs out and one arm out it did stay put (and she could bust out of anything.) but she started sleeping poorly, i think unrelated to swaddle and i went full force again.
good to hear about the woombie though as i had been considering it but not wanting to spend the $

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I used the original woombie and loved it. I had the "lighter" version sent to me first by accident and I was very disappointed because my daughter could get a hand out of the top and stretch it far enough to smack herself in the face. But with the original it held her tight and I got such a better sleep. Though we weaned her off of it at about 9 months.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
We also were at a loss to do once DS grew out of his miracle blanket. I didn't even think to try the feet out at the time.

We ended up just weaning and tucking him in with a lightweight blanket. We had a few rough nights as he got used to it, but now he doesn't even like to be tucked in. We just give him his blanket and he goes to sleep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.