Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
i have just recently had the same problem, Kimberly. I only had cotton diapers then no hemp, and yeah, they all started to smell yuck like they had been pooped on, but when i checked, only peed on. So I spent one day in the laundry last week stripping the dipes. Now I am pleased to say yay, no more smell.

And now, I am trialing washing in only bs/tto too. So far so good, it's only been a week for us though, but Seepae has been doing it for months!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Kimberly, as we don't get Dawn here ( I don't think so anyway) and I was too lazy to find out what is an equivalent we'd have, so i just went the BS and Hot wash method. I think it was at least 5 hot washes (I lost count after a while) that dreaded laundry day...during agitation in the wash, lift your lid up and check for detergent suds (as opposed to just agitation bubbles) and check the rinse water for suds/cloudiness. If you have either, then you still have detergent build up so you'd have to do another hot wash with BS (I think reason is something about BS helps break down the build up resulting in suds).

I feel for you, girl, as i was almost to the point of thinking that nothing will make cure these dipes of stink. But there's light at the end of the tunnel...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.