Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know it's natural, I know it's supposed to be that way...and blame it on my super sensitive nose for being bothered by it...but it bugs me...really really bad.

but MY GOD, my crotch smells...well...yucky.

It isn't BV because I know what that smells like, and it's not a rotten fish smell nor does it feel like burning. (I've had BV before, it smells like a combo of Grand Harbour Mudflats at low tide and an open grave, and feels like burning at all times)

It isn't yeast because it doesn't itch nor does it smell like yeast

It's the combo of added discharge (thanks pregnancy hormones) and sweat...

how the heck can I get rid of the stink? Seriously? I shower once a day (I'm lucky to get that with a 3yr old in the house) I use wet wipes when I use the bathroom (Water on facecloth ONLY) and I change my undies at least 2x/day....but nothing's working...

My diet is the Brewer diet now...just because I dont want any Pre-E, GD and the lot messing up my home birth plans. So the whole refined stuff, not a factor.

Like it's not the acctual vulva/interiorish area, it's the whole crotchtal area surrounds...you know what I mean....

*sigh*

Any help would be appreceated..it's really bad when it's warm...

Oh and Commando isn't an option because of the extra discharge due to pregnancy. the feel of it on my bare legs would make me go

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
i *stink* ever since dd was born- mostly my armpits, but my crotch a little too. even 5 minutes after i wash, my armpits stink!! its totally hormonal. i think its to help the baby recognize me
(i secretely like the way my armpits stink)
as far as the crotch thing goes, ive found the best thing is to go without underwear (if not all the time, at least as much as possible) and washing ONLY with water- no soap at all. or you can do a super diluted (1:15??) apple cider vinegar wash. of course no douching.

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckyTate
I would try a pantyliner and change it every two hours.
As for why I have no idea.
Good luck.
I would but..I dont have enough cloth pantyliners...and I can't use the disposable ones without getting the burning allergic reaction sunburn from hell on the crotch rash.

(My body rejects the disposable momma products and laughs in their faces
)

Trust me if I could do that I would be doing that...but unfortunately...I only have 3 cloth pantyliners. Two WAHM ones and one Luna Pantyliner...with only 2 liners.

Hence why I'm trying to get to the source of the problem, the stink itself..

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by homemademomma
i *stink* ever since dd was born- mostly my armpits, but my crotch a little too. even 5 minutes after i wash, my armpits stink!! its totally hormonal. i think its to help the baby recognize me
as far as the crotch thing goes, ive found the best thing is to go without underwear (if not all the time, at least as much as possible) and washing ONLY with water- no soap at all. or you can do a super diluted (1:15??) apple cider vinegar wash. of course no douching.
I can't go commando. Not even for a bit because the discharge *shudder* The feel of it running down my..well you get the idea...drives me batpoop crazy...I need *something* to catch the discharge..and letting it slime all over the place just seems totally gross to me....I dont have that many clothes that fit me especially pants/shorts ( I re-wear pants upwards to 3 days in a row, due to how few clothes I acctually own) so letting them get crusted up with discharge then washing them after just one wear isn't really a good idea...I'd run out of clothes before laundry day. (I have a designated laundry day for our clothes for frugality's sake...4 loads in one day uses up less electricity than lets say 6 small loads spread out over 7 days)

I'll try the apple cider vinegar solution...

Would Baking soda help at all???

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Quote:

My armpits were like that for about a month after I had dd! I would shower twice a day and wear deoderant, and I STILL smelled myslelf! Im glad that went away!!! Once again, I only need to shower once a day, and deoderant is not required. Thankfully! I did not have the crotch issues.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Dude we need to start a tribe in our ddc! I have stinky pregnancy cooter too! mine just smells like extra concentrated vagina. But I made my dh sniff me one day
: (at a reasonable distance, I didn't make him stick his head in my crotch) and he said he didn't smell anything. SO maybe it's our noses. I hope that's what it is, cause I feel bad for my super stinky junk. Nothing makes it go away.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandora114
I would but..I dont have enough cloth pantyliners.....
What about just getting some flannel & folding it into a light "pad" & laying it in your underwear? Might shift around a little but since you're just catching discharge, not blood, shouldn't be a big deal right?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandora114
Ok, I know it's natural, I know it's supposed to be that way...and blame it on my super sensitive nose for being bothered by it...but it bugs me...really really bad.

but MY GOD, my crotch smells...well...yucky.

It isn't BV because I know what that smells like, and it's not a rotten fish smell nor does it feel like burning. (I've had BV before, it smells like a combo of Grand Harbour Mudflats at low tide and an open grave, and feels like burning at all times)

It isn't yeast because it doesn't itch nor does it smell like yeast

It's the combo of added discharge (thanks pregnancy hormones) and sweat...

how the heck can I get rid of the stink? Seriously? I shower once a day (I'm lucky to get that with a 3yr old in the house) I use wet wipes when I use the bathroom (Water on facecloth ONLY) and I change my undies at least 2x/day....but nothing's working...

My diet is the Brewer diet now...just because I dont want any Pre-E, GD and the lot messing up my home birth plans. So the whole refined stuff, not a factor.

Like it's not the acctual vulva/interiorish area, it's the whole crotchtal area surrounds...you know what I mean....

*sigh*

Any help would be appreceated..it's really bad when it's warm...

Oh and Commando isn't an option because of the extra discharge due to pregnancy. the feel of it on my bare legs would make me go

I forsee a new ddddc coming your way.....

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I second the acv. It really does help to make you feel fresher down there.
As for pads, I made some for myself last pregnancy because we were HOT, no ac, in Hawaii, and between sweat and discharge, yucky. But they were just 2 layers of old flannel sheets sewd together. Yeah, they frayed, they weren't pretty, but I have enough to change them out many times a day and feel much better.
Another idea, cornstarch. Kinda like shower to shower/ baby powder, but no scents. This worked a little for me, but to be honest the day I almost went out of the house with white powder on my legs, I stopped. It was just a little embarressing

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
No Way
! I have been having the same problem ever since this last baby. I am constantly sniffing myself, its been driving crazy, glad to know I'm not alone.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think I smell better when Im pregnant! I have this problem too, and now think it's because I leak urine every time I pee
It's very embarassing and I didn't even know it was happening until I realized that I was always soaking wet with urine even after wiping. Yuck! So embarassing!

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Quote:

Oh ya those ex-preg hormons, gotta love em, I get out of the shower or bath, put on my house coat and bam I already have BO, at least you get 5 mins of no smell
I have resorted to pit stick 24/7

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by OakBerry
How about using a peri bottle (I'm a big fan of the peri bottle during my period too) with some diluted acv. Then a dusting of cornstarch on the area?
>.> I'll see if my midwife can supply me with mine before the birth...

My peribottle from my last birth kinda got tossed out by my parents...

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
Dude, it's probably your sensitive nose, but why not just lay a folded cloth wipe in your underwear and change it every time you go to the bathroom?

When I had an irritated crotch when pg last summer, due to no infection, the midwife told me I could douche with diluted hydrogen peroxide, and that cleared me up.

·
Banned
11,594 Posts
ok, i don't know if this will work for 'down there' but there is this intimate tea that makes you smell like maple syrup cookies with 24 hours of drinking it--and it supposedly works where ever you sweat. . . so i assume it would work down there:

intimatetea.com

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
I agree that it's probably your sensitive nose more than anything. You may also be leaking urine (I did, without FEELING that I was leaking it, it's not like it gushed or trickled even.) Just fold up a washcloth and put it in your undies.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.