Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We use BG's and I absolutely LOVE them!
However, come time to wash, the amonia smell gives me a headache and I want to hurl!
What can I do to help keep the smell down? I wash every 2 days but it's not helping! TIA!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Have you tried sprinkling some baking soda in the pail? This might work. I usually liberally dose the pail with baking soda and don't have any odor problems.

·
Registered
854 Posts
My DDs diapers did smell something horrible if she was dehydrated.

Also you may try a dry pail if you have a wet or vice versa

My sister has a senstive nose and rinses ALL diaper before putting them in a dry pail and then liberally applies baking soda. (we have hard water anyway)

HTH

·
Registered
718 Posts
Do they smell awful right after you change her or just after sitting for a day or two? If it's immediately it could be a sign of a build up. Stripping them would take care of it.

Baking soda helps, as well as a cotton ball or two soaked in tea tree oil. Or just don't breathe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The smell is after a couple of days. I like the last part! lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheapPearls View Post
Do they smell awful right after you change her or just after sitting for a day or two? If it's immediately it could be a sign of a build up. Stripping them would take care of it.

Baking soda helps, as well as a cotton ball or two soaked in tea tree oil. Or just don't breathe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.