Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doxies stink! They make the whole house smell, like musty nasty dogs.
They are totally indoors, I bathe them every couple of weeks, wash out their crate and blankets about once a week. I think it comes from two places: sleeping with their noses in their butts and their bad breath! We do brush their teeth sometimes. If we did it daily, would it help? And what about eau de butt?

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
I get the chlorophyll powder capsules for a HF store & sprinkle in the canned food once in a while.

When my female came into heat & it was a on-breeding season, I would feed her 3 cap daily to make her "in-heat" scent a little.

it does work

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
It's usually around $75, which includes general anesthesia. My dogs' teeth get tarter build-up soooo bad! I don't know why, they eat healthy diets. The vet says that some dogs just have genetically bad teeth. My cocker mix's get coated with thick tarter very quickly. I don't know if it's called "scaling" or not. I just know that they go in with their teeth looking hideous and come out with pearly whites and fresh breath!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Try a fresh food diet. I have a small house and a 65 pound shephard and a 75 pound lab and I only bathe them about once a year. From my experience a fresh food diet makes all the difference in the world. Dogs don't smell, it's dog food that smells, even the 'best'. If all we ate was what most dogs eat every day, we'd start to smell like 'that' too. Dogs that eat fresh raw food produce less waste, have cleaner teeth (the difference once I switched was literally amazing), and no 'dog' odor. A good start is to google "BARF diet" (biologically appropriate raw food).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.