Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a dentist to remove my amalgam fillings. My *very* mainstream guy will do it, but he doesn't believe the mercury is an issue = he won't use safety standards that I'm comfortable with.

Thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just started going to Kurt Weisenfels in Webster Groves. I really like how his office doesn't automatically do x-rays every year unless they are necessary. His office is very big into educating the patients and they are very current with their information. I don't have experience w/removal of fillings w/him, but it wouldn't hurt to give him a call.

http://www.kurtweisenfelsdds.com/

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
www.toothandbodyconnection.com

Dr. Rehme (ray-me) specializes in this kind of thing. His office is very well run, and all the staff are friendly and professional and seem to like working there.
They aren't in-network for any insurance, but they do submit the paperwork for you to get reimbursed at out-of-network rates, and they do this very quickly. For my insurance there's almost no difference in the coverage.

They only do X-rays every five years. Yay!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessitron View Post
www.toothandbodyconnection.com

Dr. Rehme (ray-me) specializes in this kind of thing. His office is very well run, and all the staff are friendly and professional and seem to like working there.
They aren't in-network for any insurance, but they do submit the paperwork for you to get reimbursed at out-of-network rates, and they do this very quickly. For my insurance there's almost no difference in the coverage.

They only do X-rays every five years. Yay!

We love Dr. Rehme as well. He removed one of my amalgam fillings while I was pregnant a few years ago. We've stuck with him since then.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dr. Rehme is the one that I found via another website - I checked out his website yesterday.

Jessitron - when I was reading his site it looks like you pay him, he submits the paperwork and the insurance company reimburses you back. Is that not your experience?

Do either of you have children seeing him?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 View Post
Dr. Rehme is the one that I found via another website - I checked out his website yesterday.

Jessitron - when I was reading his site it looks like you pay him, he submits the paperwork and the insurance company reimburses you back. Is that not your experience?

Do either of you have children seeing him?
Not yet, my son (3 years) will be visiting in January. He has been in the office and sat in the chair to try to get familiar. Everyone has been really great with him during my husband and my visits.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
according to Dr Rehme's web site he starts seeing children when they're 6.

Yes, you pay his office, then they submit paperwork, and then your insurance sends you a check. We have Delta Dental and the checks come quickly, like in a few days.
Not being in-network means that the dentist is not bound by the insurance company's rate limits, so it may cost more than an in-network provider. The excellent service is well worth it imo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.