Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stomach dropped this morning when I realized that my ds's second favorite VK AIO has been stolen out of the washer or dryer! Not only did they take the diaper, they took an extra set of the soakers! So, this person must know something about diapers.
Last evening, I went down the laundry room and there was a woman who had taken MY diapers out of the washer and had put her stuff IN the washer. I told her NO...I need to run them through the washer again. I should have looked over the stuff right then and there but I didn't. :-(
I can't believe people can be so damned dishonest! I don't know which apartment the woman lives in (there's about 80 apartments in this complex) and I didn't notice her face enough to be able to describe her. Other than that she speaks spanish. Seeing as there are MANY women in this complex that speak spanish, that won't help me.

From now on, I'm going to have to stay in the laundry room when washing/drying ds's dipes. It has a concrete floor so it's not the best place to hang out with an 18 month old. grrr.

I just wanted to rant about this. I'm so upset that my hands are still shaking. I had just come back up from searching the laundry room in the hopes that maybe the woman changed her mind and put them back down there but they are nowhere to be found.
So now I'm basically out of 2 VK AIO'S because she took that extra pair of soakers...I won't be able to use the other AIO. Unless i just use a LL trifold in it. Wont be as absorbant, though. boohoo.

Ok, I'm done crying. Thanks for 'listening'.
Liz

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I am soooo sorry. I know how much you need them too. I never worry about this because most people think they are just cute little pants. I can't believe someone actually stole it! They probably don't even know what to do with it! What a waste.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
I'm so sorry, Liz!
I hope that person's conscience gets the best of them and they return your diapers!!

What's with people stealing cloth diapers anyway??

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I reported it to management but what can they do? I don't have any proof.
JessicaSAR is right, I'm so desperate to get MORE AIO's...I can't afford to have people steal from me! In order for me to buy diapers for ds, I either go without food (and such) for myself or I try selling things on the TP. But, I haven't been able to sell things on TP lately...No one wants my stuff! lol.

I need to try get over this and let it go. Maybe the person who stole my stuff has even greater need than me. Oh well.

Thanks for everyones kind words.
Hugs,
Liz

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
I had a similar experience when dd1 was a babe, only it was a load of baby clothes. Of course they took all her super cute little things. I was heartbroken because it was all stuff that was given to us as gifts. I was a single mama working crap jobs trying to support my baby. What goes around comes around - hopefully this lady will get what's coming to her. Sorry about your diapers

·
Registered
728 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lizc
I need to try get over this and let it go. Maybe the person who stole my stuff has even greater need than me. Oh well.

You are one caring mama. That's a much kinder attitude than I would have.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.