Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, this is probably TMI. I have had horrible diarrhea since Thursday nice. I am about 10 weeks now. Any chance this could be pregnancy related? I am not having any abdominal cramping or fever just really loose stools. Could it be something I ate? I called our nurse line and they said to make sure I replaced fluids but besides that does anyone have any advice? Can pregnancy induce lactose intolerance? ARGH! I am still breastfeeding so I am trying to drink for three....

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I'm sorry! Yes, pregnancy can do all kinds of horrid things to your digestive system. Some women find it hard to digest anything with a high fat content, especially during the first trimester. And pregnancy always makes me somewhat lactose intolerant.<br>
Since your stomach problems have been going on for a couple of days, maybe it is pregnancy-related, and not a stomach bug. You might try cutting all dairy and heavy, hard-to-digest foods out of your diet for a day or two. If you feel better, slowly re-introduce foods so you can maybe see what was bugging you. Or maybe it was just a virus and you will feel all better regardless.<br>
I hope you feel all better soon, either way. It's no fun to have your stomach tied up in knots.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I am experiencing the same thing! I am really convinced it's pregnancy induced (or enhanced) lactose intolerance. Ugh, I eat meat I throw up, I drink/eat dairy I end up in the bathroom for hours. I'm ready to quit everything but ice water!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am down to mostly gatorade and soup at this point. Anytime I eat anything dairy it seems worst.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts