Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my relatively healthy 14 month old DD has been feeling fine, but just last night, while I was nursing her in our rocking chair before bed, she suddenly started complaining of a tummy ache. thinking it was just gas, I rubbed her back and took away my breast, but after about 5 mins of that she said she felt worse (owwie more, mama!!) and then threw up on my lap! it came on so suddenly I didn't know what to think- no one in our house has been sick, aside from my cold, which had no nausea whatsoever, and the only vomiting I've had going on was morning sickness! what could this be? please help!

·
Premium Member
4,577 Posts
There are viruses that cause stomach yuckiness that are easily transmitted between kids, norovirus, rotovirus, etc. My son caught one from some playmates. He just had diarrhea but one of the other babies had vomitting too. He didn't have much of an appetite when he was not feeling well. We didn't feel ill, just our son. Is your daughter feeling better after that one incident?

·
Premium Member
4,577 Posts
Stomach flu viruses are fast and powerful I find. I had one myself a few weeks ago. I would just keep nursing her as much as you can to keep her hydrated and get some nutrition in her. The good things about babies is that they get better fast too. I hope she is feeling better soon!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I hope that she is feeling better. Maintain hydration, be creative, whatever it takes. Breastmilk is wonderful. As per contracting it, gastro illnesses are usually contracted via fecal/oral transmission, so fecal matter. She must have received a large dose of microbes.
Breastfeeding and lots of hand washing are good preventives......
I hope she is better soon.

·
Premium Member
4,577 Posts
Now my son has been sick. :( He was throwing up on Saturday and had diarrhea yesterday and today. He was in a fine mood except for not wanting to eat. I had this myself about a month ago and I felt pretty crappy. The nanny was sick over the weekend too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.