Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm afraid I might have a stomach ulcer. The pain and discomfort is becoming unbearable and all the symptoms seem to be pointing to it. Do they run in the family? My mother has been plagued with them and her father actually died from complications from a perferoated ulcer. Don't know if reflux from pregnancy could cause or exacerbate the condition, but I definitely have reflux issues! (Had it horribly bad with DS2 also) Never had this sort of pain with pregnancy though. Have had heartburn and reflux, but this feels like something is boring a hole through my stomach and it is very painful.

So my question is...what can I do for pain? I've been trying to eat regulary throughout the day, avoid fatty foods etc. I've even tried Mylanta and Zantac. They seem to bring a little relief, but only briefly. I just want to curl up in a ball and pass out or die at this point. It hurts so much! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
You may need a regular dose of an acid reducer...talk to your care provider. My mom's RNP just upped the strength and dose of her Zantac in order to prevent hers from becoming worse.

Hope you feel better soon.

Christa

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.