Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My six year old starting complaining about a stomach ache last night. We had eaten out and had a small cup of hot chocolate last night after we brought our tree home, so I assumed it was from that. He went to bed and then was awake from 12-3am!! with a stomache ache. He was not vomiting, didnt seem to have a lot of gas, no diarrhea. So then he woke up at 7am and said his stomach was still sore, I asked if he was hungry, he said yes, so I asked if he wanted some toast, he said no I want bacon and eggs! So I made that and he ate it all!!!<br><br>
Later we went to my daughters basketball game and he was running around, I kept asking him if his stomach hurt and he said yes, so I was like, well stop running around and chill.<br>
he spent later that day lounging around watching tv and playing cars and stuff. No real complaints, snacked good, ate all of his lunch, ate most of his dinner. Was a bit tired, but I am too having missed 3 hours of sleep last night...<br><br>
Then as bedtime approached he started complaining again.. So Im like what is this?<br><br>
Is this just holiday overexcitement? It is like him to get over excited, but never have we had stomache aches for days. We have taken a big vacation with no belly aches, gone away, other holidays, all kinds of things have never created on going stomach aches..<br><br>
whats getting me is there are no other symptoms, no fever, loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea or constipation.... no change in diet this week.. he eats mostly natural organic foods, no additives or preservatives or coloring.<br><br>
any ideas?

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Doesn't sound very serious but you never know.<br><br>
With a stomach virus he would not want to eat.<br><br>
With appendicitis he would not want to eat.<br><br>
Food poisons, he would have diarrhea (most likely) by now.<br><br>
Too young for gall stones.<br><br>
I don't know.<br><br>
Maybe you should not ask him about it and see if he comes to you to complain?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I agree with Gitti - don't ask! My dd did this for a while and we figured out it was an attention thing. If it really hurts he'll tell you without you asking about it. Any chance he might be constipated? That has happened a lot a my house too!

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Hi maybe it is hunger pains. He may be going through a growth spurt and his tummy may feel hungry a LOT. My ds' go through this sometimes. And you do wake up starving in the middle of the night sometime, so maybe this is it. Also, I would find out if he is scared about something. Most always digestive issues are from either diet, or emotion.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IT seems like he may be constipated even though he is passing stool... any suggestions? He is a picky eater which doesnt help.. He tends to withhold when he needs to go...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
it might be reflux, especially since it happened after chocolate (bad for refluxers). My DS complained of tummy aches for months before we figured out what was happening. he was 4 when it got really bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts