Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend left me a message on the answering machine and she seemed worried because she has been feeling very strong contractions but they don't seem to have a pattern. Is this normal or should she worry. She is in her 40th week so the baby should be coming any time now but would this indicate a problem?

Can anyone tell me were I can find more info on this subject?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
Sometimes, I think, they need to be strong in order to get baby in a better position. Is this her first baby? It all depends on where she's feeling the contractions - even braxton-hicks contractions get really strong towards the end (the all over tight belly vs. low down pubic bone type contractions) help get the baby in better positions.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
This would describe my last three days. Some have been stronger than others. I had a REALLY good one today, while out to breakfast. I think the baby was transverse instead of head almost down (she's had her head a little to the right of my cervix) so this would make sense.

On the one had I want it all to HURRY UP! On the other, I'll be happy to have another week to just chill and putter.

I hope your friend's labor gets going and she can relax through those intense ones.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey that thing about the baby having to get into a better position really makes sense. But guess what... by the time I got back to her with your replies there was a beautiful 9lb-6oz baby boy cuddled up in her arms. How wonderful!

"That was quick." But thank you ladies for sharing what you know. I am pregnant also so it's good to know that it's nothing to panic about if the same thing happens to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.