Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so how do I get my 7 month old to stop biting my arm??? He only has the 2 bottom ones, but still! Man, those are sharp!! I enjoy the raspberries he gives me on my arm, but definately NOT the biting... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
no biting please

no biting please

no biting please

repeat repeat repeat

get up and move away, distract him, give him a teether or a snack if he has solids

ds is 17 months and I am still repeating

no biting please

no biting please

I figure he'll get it eventually.

BTW the more of a reaction he gets, the more he'll do it. he bit dh on the leg one day, dh yelped and ds thought it was hilarious and did it again, till I told dh to move away and say in a boring voice no biting please

·
Registered
386 Posts
I think its a sign that he is hungry. Courtney sucks on my arm and bites it a little when she is hungry. I think she does it because it is the closest skin to my breast that she can get her mouth on.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I tell him "Hunter, Stop biting please, that hurts mommy" in a serious voice, not a "oOoo please don't do that" fluffy voice...which I use sometimes, but really- I don't dig the biting AT ALL!!

If he does it again he gets put down for a bit until he's ready for hugs (usually about 5 seconds later when I ask him "are you ready to be gentle with mommy? - Hugs?)

I've found though that he usually bites when he wants to be put down....hopefully I'm not rewarding that habit, but I think he uses it a s a last resort if I'm proccupied with something while he's on my lap...it's not his first line of deffence.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.