Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister-in-law has been hospitalized because she started having contractions 2 months early. Are you aware of any natural ways to keep labor from coming on?

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
I've been having PTL on and off since 26 weeks. Here is a rundown of what I do to stop PTL:<br><br>
I take a supplement of omega 3,6,9 every day<br>
I take extra magnesium every day<br><br>
When contractions start I drink a liter of water, and lay down (or even better - hop in a warm bath to relax)<br><br>
If they don't stop in 15 mins I take cramp bark tincture (my MW highly reccomends it)<br><br>
If that doesn't do the trick I have a few sips of wine (IMO safer than the meds they use to stop labor)<br><br>
If that does not work I have a prescription for oral terbutaline (brethane) that I got from the hospital, I can take it up to 3 times<br><br>
If, after taking 3 doses of the terb contractions don't stop I need to go to the hospital<br><br>
Accupuncture is supposed to help a lot to stop PTL too, my own MW has had success with it for 2 of her pregnancies.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm not an expert or a doctor or anything, but maybe she could ask her healthcare providers about soaking in epsom salts, supplementing with calcium and magnesium, upping her intake of bioflavanoids, drinking lots of water (and Gatorade), and the standard 'natural' infection fighting like sodium ascorbate, garlic, probiotics, etc.?

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
I had three bad bouts with it around 20-25w this pg. I used epsom salt (mag sulfate) baths, liquid calcium/magnesium supplement, lots of water, rest, RRLT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts