Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any indie stores in Austin that sell cloth diapers and supplies? I have ordered some stuff online, but would love to have a store I could go to quickly and also support the local vendors!

·
Registered
211 Posts
As far as I know Wildflower on Lamar, and Ecowise on Elizabeth, right off of South Congress are the only ones around that carry CD or supplies in store. Neither had a great selection the last time I checked, but it is still fun to actually shop in a store for CD stuff. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The eco-wise family lives a few houses down from me and one day I cornered her on her lack of good diapering supplies. She was bewildered and said "I just stock what we use - it works!" Isn't it a shame that Whole Foods is headquarted here and they don't sell cloth? They have that nice sized infant clothing section without a single one! That makes me mad.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by WendyC
The eco-wise family lives a few houses down from me and one day I cornered her on her lack of good diapering supplies. She was bewildered and said "I just stock what we use - it works!" Isn't it a shame that Whole Foods is headquarted here and they don't sell cloth? They have that nice sized infant clothing section without a single one! That makes me mad.
I know! I was there the other day for something else and was checking out the baby section. I thought for sure they would at least have some prefolds! I'll check out Eco-wise again...do they have some good prefolds and diaper covers?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by faithfulmama
As far as I know Wildflower on Lamar, and Ecowise on Elizabeth, right off of South Congress are the only ones around that carry CD or supplies in store. Neither had a great selection the last time I checked, but it is still fun to actually shop in a store for CD stuff. Hope that helps.
Thanks! I hadn't heard about Wildflower...I'll check it out!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Umm - Whole Foods sells cloth! They've got organic fitteds at the Lamar store - don't think they have room at the CoT store, but since they're building a bigger one at Mopac and 183 (bigger than the Lamar store, supposedly) I'm guessing they'll have 'em there, too.

I think Wildflower just sells FB and maybe MEOS?

Kid-to-Kid at Lakeline has some locally made CD's and some Mother Ease, as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts