Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I wash my wool diaper covers and soakers in wool wash before storing them them for the next baby. Should I lanolize them also? Should I do anything else special? Do I need to store them in certain containers? We have a cedar blanket chest OR a cedar-lined closet. Any tips would be much appreciated!<br><br>
TIA, everyone!

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you lanolise them now it would be one less thing to do nearer to your baby arriving. My newborn things that Liam has out-grown are in plastic tubes with lids. No way moths can get in there.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yes, definiately wash them before storing. Moths and other pests are attracted more to soiled (sweat, urine, etc) garments/fabric than clean fabric. Storing in cedar is good, I would wrap them so they aren't directly touching the cedar planks as cedar can discolour fabirc if they are in their a long time. (Chest freezers are also great for storing wool)<br><br>
Bridget, if the fabric is already contaminated with moth eggs, they can hatch and the larvae can eat through your wool even in closed plastic containers. It is better to store wool in a breathable container anyway...just with taking the necessary precautions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts