Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Can  anyone tell me about this area?  I am looking into a special needs camp for my DS there and I was wondering what it's like there as we would be living there for about two weeks and DS would be doing the daycamp. </p>

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
<p>I'm pretty Stouffville is when a friend of mine got married several years ago.  If I'm remembering correctly it was a really lovely area.  His family has property there (an old farm) and we just pretty much stayed there (on the property) so I can't say that much about the surrounding area... but it was beautiful.  Also not far from Toronto.  I'll have to ask dh if I'm remembering correctly....</p>

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
<p>Stouffville is just north of MArkham...nice area.  Where are you coming from?</p>

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
<p>I don't have any useful information for you, I'm not familiar with the area.  But I am a descendant of the Stouffer family that it is named after!  </p>

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
<p>Hi mama,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I checked with dh and yes, Stouffville is where we went for my friend's wedding.  If your ds is in a day camp does that mean that the rest of you would be looking for other things to do throughout the day, until pick-up time?  If so I think you could have a lot of fun around there, but I think you'd want to rent a car.  There are tons of lovely small towns to visit and things to do.  You are not far from great beaches (Cobourg for example).  You're also pretty darn close to Toronto (which has enough going on itself to keep you busy for 2 wks).  The summer here is nice and warm (usually around 30 celsius).  I think you could have a really really good time.  If the camp is reputed to be really good, and you can afford it I say go for it!  :)</p>

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
<p>Also I suggest Googling things to do in (and around) Toronto for an idea of what it's like there.  Stouffville really is quite close to Toronto so anything a visitor to Toronto would look to do would be accessible to you too (assuming you rented a car).</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts