Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past three days I have been having a very uncomfortable pain in my upper middle abdomen that I have never had before. It hurts while I am eating or drinking water, and some other times during the day when I am doing nothing at all. My stomach feels tight and tense. I have had diarrhea for the same amount of time and got my period yesterday. It isn't normal period pain, it's too high up. It doesn't really feel like gas though. I wonder if it might be an ulcer.<br><br>
Any advice?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is mostly in the upper middle front but I have had two spells where it felt like it wrapped around to my back and I had to lie down. I have never had anything aggravated by a few sips of water before.

·
Premium Member
4,923 Posts
Having just gone through this, it sounds like gallstones to me. I had a very bad gallbladder attack that landed me in the ER and resulted in pancreatis and increased liver enzymes. I had my gallbladder removed and am very happy to have done so. That pain is like no other and yes, even drinking water can aggravate it.<br>
I hope you find some relief...........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts