Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the scenario. I'm about 33 weeks along. this is to be my 4th child. The pregnancy is going fine other than having sore pelvis. Nothing new for me, this happened with the 3rd child.<br><br>
Now a few days ago I started having funny back pain. I want to say contraction, but I'm not sure. It starts pulsing in my lower back, lasts anywhere from 15-60 seconds then goes away, only to return later. There isn't any real pattern to when the pains come, so I'm not concerned about preterm labor, but more curious as to what is going on in there.<br>
I also feel pressure on the cervix some, but that's normally when baby is moving against it. Baby is head down, though posterior most of the time, does change positions though.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Hi, I wanted to respond, because it didn't seem like anyone else was at the moment. Also, you'll get bumped up higher to the top.<br><br>
So, they do sound like contractions to me. If the babe is posterior it's possible that you'd feel the contractions in your back. Probably just Braxton-Hicks contractions since there is no real pattern. Probably just something to be aware of and remind you to do pelvic tilts to get the babe anterior.<br><br>
Others ideas????

·
Registered
776 Posts
Ditto what Sparklin said. I always feel contrax both in uterus and in back...the ones in the back feel as you described.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah they are contractions. OB thinks I'll go a little sooner than later this time, my measurements are off the charts..lol... She said this is the "prelabor" stage and things are shifting, moving and grooving to get in to place for the big day!<br><br>
Woohoo!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts