Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DD just had a very weird diaper...just checking if this is normal.<br><br>
She only gets breastmilk, bottled when I am at work, otherwise nurses on demand. She does have reflux that we are currently treating with Zantac. She is almost three months old.<br><br>
This last diaper change was a bm that was a much more vivid orange color than normal. Also (sorry if this is TMI) there was a big blob of mucus in it, as well as some darker brown/green bits. I have seen her have little curdy type things in her poo, but not the above color. And never with mucus like this.<br><br>
Any ideas? I did not really eat anything different yesterday that I can remember. I am pretty restrictive in what I eat, because of the reflux. I don't want to cause her any extra pain or problems.<br><br>
Thanks

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
It really could be anything - with my kids it was a game of colour of the week. If it is just once or twice I really wouldn't worry about it - it could be she is comming down with something or teething or anything really.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Mucusy, bloody spotted (could be brownish) means dairy allergy... you need to check your diet! I've gone through this w/my other babies and there are LOTs of discussions about this on here, do a search on this forum...

·
Registered
106 Posts
is she sick or teething? both of my boys would get poops like that when they were sick or teething and just producing alot of mucus in general. runny nose = mucus poop for us.

·
Registered
372 Posts
My 4M DS is sick right now and has poo that is orange brownish right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts