Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD came out with a funny rash on her shoulders and back the last few days. It started slowly, with just a little on one shoulder, and over the last two days it's spread all over her shoulders and down to her shoulder blades. It's tiny red bumps, like acne. Honestly, it looks just like the infant acne she had as a newborn, but she's almost 10 months old now and too old for that! Anyway, she's not acting ill at all, it doesn't seem painful or itchy, and she has no other symptoms, and I'm having trouble thinking of possible causes, so I wondered if anybody had any idea what this might be?

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Did you introduce a solid in the last week? Lay her in the grass? Eat a BIG serving of something you don't regularly eat that went into your bmilk? Change laundry detergent? Dryer sheets?

Could be a skin reaction, could be a food allergy, could be, who knows!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Izzy has developed the same thing on the back of her neck and on her belly. I was told it was heat rash, which doesnt surprise me as it's been freakishly hot here over the past 2 weeks. It doesn't seem to bother her.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have no idea. The only thing I can throw out there is something similar happened with someone I know when she started birth control, the doctor didn't think to ask or mention anything about breastfeeding because her baby was over a year. Probably not your problem since your babe's still young but something worth knowing about maybe.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. My little girl is 8 months old and she has tiny red bumps on her forearms. I was guessing that it's heat rash. It doesn't seem to bother her.

The weather has been very warm here (Atlanta, GA).

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Could it be a heat rash?
Our little bean had similar thing on her face & neck! I made a tea to put on topically of calendula & comfrey. Strain the herbs and soak a wash cloth in the cooled tea and apply often.This seemed to really help her. Along with trying to keep her cool.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I let her sleep last night with no shirt or blanket on, and this morning it's much better, so I think maybe heat rash is the answer-- it just needed to air out. I always thought heat rash was WHITE bumps, though, not red, so it's not the first thing I thought of.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I thought of allergies, and decided no. I thought of illness, and decided no. After that, I was drawing a blank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts