Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been feeling so awful the past few weeks, I'm starting to wonder if something is wrong. I'm 9 weeks pg now. First, my nausea has started to contain itself to mid-day only, but my aversion to food is stronger than ever, so I'm not eating very much. Even water is disgusting to me. When I do eat, I feel like there is no room in my stomach. I feel like all of my intestines are pushing up into my throat. During my last pg, I did not feel like that until the third trimester. Yesterday I had some mild cramping, but it seemed to be on top of my uterus, which I thought was weird. When I sleep, my hands fall asleep, and that happened in my last pg but not until the third trimester. It just seems strange to me to be feeling these things so early in the pregnancy. Does this sound normal, or do you think I should call my OB?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm in the same boat and I was just about to post about this. I am feeling so incredibly horrible this time around. I'm 11 weeks and there is no sign of this fading. I even thought about checking out symptoms of etopic pregnancies because I just feel so horrible. I usually only drink water but water seems so gross to me. Sometimes I have to mix OJ with water to get some fluids in me and I normally never drink juice. I never really feel hungry but when I get really sick feeling I know I should eat something even though nothing seems appealing. Sometimes eating helps sometimes it doesn't.
My arms also both fall asleep a lot. I usually sleep with my arms under or next to my head and they are always falling asleep.
It's good to know I'm not alone either. I just hope all of this is normal and will pass very soon! I loved being pregnant with DD after the initial first 10 weeks of nausea so I really hope to enjoy this pregnancy as well!

Kristen

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My hands fall asleep if I lay them on my chest to sleep at night (laying on my back). I thought it was maybe spinal malalignment, but maybe it is a pregnancy thing because now come to think of it, I've only noticed it as of the last several weeks. Something they don't have in the books, eh??

And the cramping on top of the uterus, me too. That kind of cramping is okay with me, it is the lower cramping (I seldom have) that I worry about. Upper to me means growth. Got more ligament stretching pains earlier, too. But I may just notice it more this time around, be able to pinpoint it better...

And the changing of the nausea and food cravings, me too. I'm thankful for the shift to where I have some relief during the day, and am noticing odd aversions I didn't have before. I chalk it up to my body and the new baby telling me what it needs.

I am learning how repetitive and unique pregnancies can be. It's interesting to me to be continuing to learn about my body and how it works. Like, I think I know what to expect then my body throws me a curve ball.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.