Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this????<br><br>
About a week and a half ago, my son (15 months old) had a couple days of moderate vomiting and diarrhea. I restricted him to just breastmilk, and he seemed to get better, except...<br><br>
He has been having bm's every 24-48 hours (normal for him) but they have been diarrhea consistancy. He has also been vomiting very randomly - twice after nursing heavily first thing in the morning (we just night weaned - I think he just got too much), but also 3 or 4 seemingly random times. The only thing that I can connect is that he may have had milk before each of those.<br><br>
But what really gets me is he does fine with yogurt, cheese, and other prepared foods containing dairy. He also has never previously had a problem with milk.<br><br>
Any clues? After looking briefly into it, lactose intollerance might cause diarrhea, gas and discomfort, but not the vomiting. An allergy would occur with any dairy containing product, so the pancakes we had for dinner or the french toast this morning would have caused a reaction, correct???<br><br>
I'm at a loss here!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts