Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>It seems like since the divorce everything I try in attempt to make our lives better is a failure.  I think I am a good person and that I have often given much to those I can but I can't seem to catch  a break or get a grip.  Things have gone from crappy to just plain out horrible.  Any words of wisdom from unemployed single mommas out there would be much appreciated at this point.  My boys need me to be smiling when they come home today, they deserve the best and well lately I am far from it.</p>

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
<p>Your kids have you.  That's enough.  Take some time and just enjoy them.  Give yourself permission to just snuggle with them, or have a game night, or movie night...anything.  Take time to reconnect with them and get centered again.  You'll get through this.</p>

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
<p>no mama they dont need to see mama smiling. they need to see mama expressing her real emotions. that's the way they will learn you get down, things go bad and then slowly you get back up. they are down themselves probably.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>once they come home take them somewhere. just get out of the house. look at the world around you. go run thru leaves or a walk or hike or icecream at the grocery store. or something. even if all you can afford is a hot cocoa for kids or a donut.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>for me my healing began when i stopped staying in surroundings which made things worse than they were. initially i wanted to swim in my pain. and i did. but then it was too much and enough was enough. just changing surroundings made things so much easier for us.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>and yeah about the hard stuff mama. all i would tell it is if it pours then let all of it happen at once. i wont do it again. i will be done. i dont want life to hand me a curve ball for a while.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>it IS overwhelming mama esp. when you have no support.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>but you CAN make it through. you WILL be OK. it doesnt seem so. but believe me you will survive.</p>

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
<p>hi mama, i'm nearly unemployed (i pick up a catering gig every few weeks) and i'm not really letting it get me down.  i guess it really depends on what your marriage was like- mine was horrible and xh abusive, so the stress of being unemployed is a cakewalk.  i'm starting to work on my freelance writing portfolio, and i'm going to take a more permanent catering gig soon, i'm just putting it off because i hate it, and i don't want to leave my kiddos while they are in that fragile transition period.  they really have separation anxiety, probably because xh was an asshat to them every time i left them with him for a rare hour at the grocery store alone.  i do worry that the judge won't be satisfied with me just working freelance, but i'll cross that bridge when i come to it.  i guess i knew going out of the marriage that i would only be able to find crap work with my 8 years of wahming for my own small businesses, and with my oh-so-useful english and women's studies degree.   funny how no one outside the ivory tower cares if you had cum laude after your name, or won all the major awards in your field.  i take a handful of vitamins and supplements every day to ward off depression, negativity, and short-temperedness.  have you considered starting your own business?</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts