Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finding conflicting info on how to, or even if its possible to, increase the strength of cesarean scars and incisions.

Does anyone know if massage helps? Are there certain exercises I can do to increase the strength? Anything I should avoid?

Even though I know the odds are very very low of a rupture, there's a little teensy part of me that's scared about my hba2c.. I'm trying to arm myself with positive info.

Thanks!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've wondered the same thing as you, I'm about 11 weeks into my second pregnancy planning an HBAC. One thing I wondered was if orgasming could help to strengthen your growing uterus since it causes the uterus to contract. Any thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
My first thought on this would be optimizing my diet to strengthen the scar, or any other part of the body that would need healing. From what I understand, the scar on the uterus usually heals so well that doctors can have a hard time finding it when they are in for a repeat c/s. The scar on the inside of the body heals much differently than the scar on the outside. My midwife recommended I take EsterC with bioflavinoids to strengthen the bag of waters (I have a history of SROM/PROM). The thought is that the vitC with bioflavinoids (has to have the bioflavs.) is supposed to strengthen individual cells and that all the strong individual cells can strengthen the BOW. I would imagine it would apply to a scar as well and the cells around the scar. She recommended 500 mg, twice a day or more if my body tolerated it well. So far, I'm 40+ weeks and no broken BOW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts