Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have any on my tummy (yet), but yesterday I noticed an explosion of little purple lines of my butt and the backs of my thighs. True, I haven't been as diligent with the lotion and oil on those areas, but still...they haven't grown that much! Needless to say, I haven't been feeling so great about it. Anyone else care to share?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have them too (the small purple lines) and fortunately no stretch marks. Same thing that happened with my first pg. Dr. says it's little capillaries that can't take the high volume of blood we have during pg. Most of them went away after delivery and am hoping for the same this time. I don't know of anything we can do to make them better.....

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
I got stretch marks EVERYWHERE with my DD's pregnancy! I got them on the backs of my hips, my thighs, the back of my knees, my breasts and of course my belly. I WAS deligent about lotion (and drinking lots of H2O) but I knew I was predisposed to stretch marks. My mom has terrible ones from our pregnancies. I got stretch marks on my back when I hit my preteen growth spurt and shot up several inches quickly. My sister did too. I Haven't got any knew strech marks, yet, but I tell you, my old ones look much better all stretched out!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemyavery View Post
I Haven't got any knew strech marks, yet, but I tell you, my old ones look much better all stretched out!
:

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
OMG - that is so funny. I was just thinking that the other day how they look much better all stretched out again!

I have really deep, long ones all up and down my belly and they go all the way down into my pubic hair. My mom has the same kind, so I knew they were coming last time around. They didn't happen until the very end though and I never even knew they were there until I'd given birth and everything softened up. I was like, "Whoa! When did those happen?" and DH kept telling me they'd been there for awhile - he didn't realize I couldn't see them because of the belly.

·
Registered
586 Posts
i have the same exact stretch marks as my mother, plus a couple extra on my hips, i've got much wider hips then she does. she got them her first pregnancy and never got anymore. so i'm hoping i don't get any more then i already have.

anniej same thing happened to me. my partner was like... what, you couldn't see that.... they are hot pink how could you miss them. haha, he should try gaining forty pounds and still be able to see his feet. i'm pretty sure it's impossible. hehe

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have stretch marks on my breasts - got those with my first pregnancy. So far, none have appeared on my belly. I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Yesterday I was measuring 41 weeks and I'm only 30 weeks, 5 days.
: Everybody keeps asking me how there can be any more room - I guess that's why skin stretches . . .

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by haydensmom1 View Post
I have them too (the small purple lines) and fortunately no stretch marks. Same thing that happened with my first pg. Dr. says it's little capillaries that can't take the high volume of blood we have during pg. Most of them went away after delivery and am hoping for the same this time. I don't know of anything we can do to make them better.....
Wow, so these *might* actually not be stretch marks?! Woo-hoo!

Thanks for your responses. It is so nice to know I'm not alone.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Reusing previous stretch marks here!

With DD, I watched them stretch up my belly as my uterus grows. This time I haven't gotten any new ones, so all my leftover loose belly skin is coming in handy

My sister on the otherhand had a beautiful stretch-mark free belly until around 35-36 weeks, then her tummy exploded with stretch marks! I guess we all have different breaking points.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Most of mine showed up the last 2-3 weeks of my first pregnancy, but I was blissfully unaware of them because they were all bellow my belly button on the downward curve of my enormous belly. I remember the huge shock I got post-partum when I first saw them. I thought they had all happened due to my c-section. Hubby laughed and clued my in to the fact that that was at least one thing I couldn't blame on the cesarean. They were pretty angry looking for a couple of months, but faded very quickly and I don't notice them much any more.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
what? you mean our roadmaps of love!? or rippley badges of honor!!!

yeah I have had stretch marks for so long I don't even notice them anymore...I got em' but I have "grown" to love em'..
:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts