Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to wraps/mei ties/etc alltogether, so bear with me ladies. I was told you cant use a hugabub in a back carry. Is this bc its stretchy? If so, are all stretchy wraps generally a no go for back carries? (NAK, too, 7 wkold)

I have generally been a bjorn and pouch user, and never got into ring slings b/c the tail bugged me. Since ring slings and the extra tails bugged me in the past, do you all suggest a mei tie instead of a wrap? Or vice versa?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
There are some carries such as the rucksack where the Moby is not really considered wide enough to do that carry. I have to disagree with the blanket statement that you can't or shouldn't do back carries with a stretchy wrap. I managed a BWCC just fine with my then 18 mo dd in an Ultimate Baby Wrap (its stretchy like the HugABub or Moby but uses rings to cinch it tight):

Back Carry with UBW

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think the reason why HAB's have not been recommended for back carries is that it is a little bit narrower than other wraps, so perhaps not as safe. I LOVE my stretchy Moby wrap though, and have done back carries safely from birth through toddler years with it. It is very soft and cuddly! Just doesn't have that cool pocket on the front.
I really think that it is the width of the hug-a-bub which is a concern for back carries.

HTH!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts