Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often have VERY intense BH CTX...enough to take my breath away, etc. I'm 36 weeks and the really strong ones have been happening for about a month.

But for the past few days I am having painful CTX. Not painful like those during active labor, but definitely more than *just* intense. Like very early labor with no pattern or increase in intensity or frequency.

It's odd...also feeling some cervical pressure too with them. I'm not reporting this to my HCP yet because I don't want a cervical check or a trip to triage in L&D.

I'm trying not to freak out that I'll have 4 weeks of prodromal labor this time vs. the two weeks I had last time, LOL!

The past couple nights, they're getting to me so much that I have to take a bath to calm them down. Hopefully it works this time (bath is running, LOL!).

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
All I can say is drink lots of water, take that nice warm bath and relax. I can totally understand not wanting an unnecessary exam and L&D trip. Hang in there. Not being in your skin there is no way I can tell you what I think the contractions are, I hope you are feeling better by now and that bath is working.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I've had very stron BH for the past 5 or 6 weeks. I'm due in a week and I'm 3 cm dialated. I look at it as a little help getting to the big 10!!!!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
I had another thread started somewhere regarding prodromal labor...my midwife was very good in explaining to me the difference between labor and an irritable uterus. She recommended Valerian and Crampbark tinctures in Cammomile tea to stop the contractions. Also, told me to STOP drinking Red Raspberry Leaf tea as it can enhance contractions. And, of course, caffeine is often a culprit as well. Good Luck - I am due any day now and have been on and off with Early Labor for 3 weeks now. I also had 3 weeks with my DD - but it was hospital managed so they ended up inducing at 41 plus. This time we are doing a homebirth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.