Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, Ladies, I need to discuss this because it is concerning me. After having an orgasm last week, I had very, very strong BH for about 2 days following. I am only 18 weeks! Last Friday I called the MW and she set me up for an apt. this Monday morning. After 2 days the BH went away, I could feel movement so I decided not to be too worried. I canceled my apt. this morning b/c I was not having the problem. I am aware, besides for the obvious O, the BH could be infection related, which I don't think I have. I am very concerned that I reacted so strongly to having an O! Is this in anyone else's experience? On a background note, for my first pregnancy, I had strong BH throughout the second half, but made it to term. I am currently still nursing DS, and don't want to be told to stop. But should I be more alarmed about having strong BH, and should I avoid sex all together
: ? Could I be at risk for preterm labor?

·
Registered
683 Posts
I doubt you could be at risk for preterm labor, unless you had other signs- high risk, spotting after orgasm, etc. It would probably still be good to talk to your mw about-- if your not having them w/ nursing then I can't see that she would tell you to stop.
It's common for women to contract after orgasm- that's part of orgasm anyway, is all our muscles contracting.
I notice it- but only for 5 minutes or so afterwards, not more than that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts