Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three kids, my oldest sleeps alone and has for several years. My youngest has never slept alone, and my middle child had slept alone, but has come back to bed with me lately.

I love cosleeping when it works, but the fact is that at this point, it isn't working for us. The kids are overtired, I'm not getting any real rest and frankly, I resent the fact that I can't get the kids to sleep at a reasonable hour anymore and steal a couple hours to myself in the evening. Part of it is that it's light so late- my toddlers will not sleep when it is light out. It finally gets dark here at about 10:30 at night. I don't know what the rest of it is- particularly with me (almost- less than 2 weeks to go) three year old. He was always a great sleeper until about six weeks ago- when he decided he needed to cosleep again. My youngest (almost two) was good about going to bed in the pack and play then coming to bed with me when I went to bed- it worked well for everyone, but now he won't sleep until I go to bed.

I need survival suggestions. I am tired enough that CIO is sounding tempting, though the rational me knows that a. it wouldn't work with me kids and b. it would be harmful to them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
A zillion hugs... I'm reading your post as I sit here, at 9:30 at night, frustrated beyond belief yet again with the nighttime "routine" of my wee one. Co-sleeping with a gymnast is never fulfilling.. and add his new need to sleep directly on top of me, and his usual need to nurse non-stop if we're in the same bed.. aha. My DH (very "dear" right now) is taking over tonight, and it might sound like he's finally gotten him to sleep (only to awaken in two hours time.. that's the norm, all night)... but at least this might be the night that we (adults) get to start the night in our own bed. So this is more of an "I'm here with ya" post.. and I read your note in the other post about co-sleeping frustrations. It's definitely not a popular topic around here, but it sure is with my crew of crunchy mommas of toddlers... it doesn't seem like the transition ever goes too well.. and has so many variations on theme. I sincerely hope that your path starts to brighten and new routines evolve, that better suit the new needs of your growing family.
*hugs*

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
If you are resentfull or something and tired, it is time to do something elce.

What about talking to your kids first? agreeing on some deadlines. re-doing their bedrooms and linens in ways that make it attractice to them

I grew up in a city where sun does not go down in the summer. We had special light blocking curtians. They worked great

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.