Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious if anyone knows all of the different jobs that qualify for the federal loan repayment program. I know those in the military and certain public sectors have it. I am asking because my husband is an employee of the county we live in and so I was wondering if his position could qualify for it... you know the 10 yr. loan deal they have. Cannot remember the exact term for it, sorry. My mind is mush at the moment. Curious, can anyone help me research this?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
<a href="http://www.nasfaa.org/publications/2007/lnpublic101507.html" target="_blank">http://www.nasfaa.org/publications/2...lic101507.html</a><br><br>
This is the link that I find is the most comprehensive yet still easy-to-understand.<br><br><div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;"><b>College Cost Reduction and Access Act (CCRAA)</b><br>
The CCRAA defines a public service job as follows: A full-time job in emergency management, government, military service, public safety, law enforcement, public health, public education (including early childhood education), social work in a public child or family service agency, public interest law services (including prosecution or public defense or legal advocacy in low-income communities at a nonprofit organization), public child care, public service for individuals with disabilities, public service for the elderly, public library sciences, school-based library sciences and other school-based services, or at an organization that is described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 and exempt from taxation under section 501(a) of such Code; or Teaching as a full-time faculty member at a Tribal College or University as defined in section 316(b) and other faculty teaching in high-needs areas, as determined by the Secretary.</td>
</tr></table></div>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts