Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's my first attempt at these and need a little guidance. I will be baking 3 sweet peppers that will be stuffed with a cracked wheat and vegetable pilaf (already cooked) and topped with goats cheese. I need an idea as to how long they need to bake, at what temperature and if I need to put anything (like oil) on the peppers. Any other tips?

Can someone help me please?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I have made a similar dish, but I boiled the peppers for a few minutes until crisp/tender, then stuffed the mixture into the peppers. Later I just popped in the oven at 350 until it was hot, probably about 35 minutes...don't know if that helps you any. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That's pretty much what I did. I just blanched the peppers in boiling water for a bit, stuffed them and baked at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. They were mmmmmm...mmmmmm....good! Dh said they should be a new staple

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyfulMomma
Would you mind sharing your recipe?
Here you go!

Cracked Wheat Pilaf

2 cups vegetable stock
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 small red onion, finely diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 cups bulghur
2 tsp salt
1 bay leaf
1/2 fennel bulb
1 small red pepper
1 small zucchini
2 carrots
2 tsp dried savory
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 bunch parsley, minced

1) Dice the vegetables and set aside.
2) Heat oil and butter in a pot and add the onion and garlic, sauteing until golden. Add bulghur, salt and bay leaf and saute enough to toast the grains.
3) Stir in the veggies and savory, saute and then add the white wine. Once the wine is absorbed add the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat for about 25 minutes (until stock is absorbed and bulghur is tender). Fluff and add parsley.

If you want to stuff peppers this is what I did:

Blanch peppers in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Remove and let cool. Stuff pilaf into peppers and top with cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350F.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.