Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hate the new luvs diapers commercial. "they have a cloth like cover that feels like cashmere" apparently they have never touched a kiwi pie cover because luvs are not soft (I know because the little boy I watch wears them) they are papery (is that a word?) feeling and Im glad my dd doesnt wear them. They also stink up the closet I keep them in. :puke

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ugh, if they want a "cloth like feel" then they should make a cloth like diaper!! Using real cloth!! I didnt start CDing till my DD was 2 months old....but now you could not pay me to go back to sposies!!

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Yeah, make the outside cloth-like but keep all those chemicals against baby's skin. That's going to help.

"Baby Shaped" - I use that phrase to describe fitted cloth diapers to people who think all cloth diapers are flat rectangles. Do you think it is inappropriate?
(I've not seen the commercial)

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
When I was pg with #1 I decided to use sposies and I was researching brands, and in one of the ads it said "cloth-like cover" and showed the dipe hanging on a clothesline. I thought it meant it was somehow a less evil sposie...

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I saw that commercial yesterday. Yeah, show me a sposie that actually feels like cashmere - who do they think they are kidding? People who have never seen a Kiwi Pie I guess, lol!

Just add it to the list of stupid claims that the sposie companies make to make you think their diapers are as good as/better than cloth. Baby shaped (as opposed to those flat rectangular cloth diapers), soft cloth like cover and feels like cashmere (as opposed to those plastic pants you would use if you were cding), the wipes that are made out of a new material so that they feel more like cloth ... Ugh! We all need to band together and actually show up at the Huggies, Pampers, Luvs, etc. headquarters with our babies in cloth diapers! Then maybe they would know what they are talking about!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I took a survey the other day online about diapers. They asked what I felt about Huggies, Pampers, etc and I described them as wasteful, bad for the environment and fill with chemicals. I rated all the diapers as bad. The only spoise diaper I will use is 7th Generation. I still have the pack I bought before she was born.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Luvs are the worst. Before dd1 was born I bought Jumbo packs of Huggies, Pampers and Luvs and the Luvs were the only ones that never got used. I just gave them away. Then one day we ran out of diapers on a car trip and the only brand we could find were Luvs, and they had this horrible perfume smell and caused a major rash.

Is Pampers still doing that "quilted diaper" ad? "The world's only quilted diaper!"
:

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
I found Luvs to be the worst, too. When we used sposies, I decided to try Luvs once, and after I opened the package, I accused DH of buying the "perfumed version." :LOL Nope, they're just that strong.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
oi, i'm having laundry burn-out and some repelling fleece issues right now, and almost bought some sposies tonight.... Glad to find this thread to remind me why I don't want to waste my money on those nasty things!
I bought some pampers a few weeks ago for our trip and they just stink! Pampers and Luvs are the exact same diaper now, unless you buy the more $$ Pampers. Those are actually quite soft--on the outside!
Anyway, I used our very last sposie on James tonight, so now dh will be forced to actually stuff a wonderoo and slap it on a baby's butt!! LOL

OK that was totally OT. I hate those commercials too. I think, "Boy, if you want it to feel like cloth so bad, then why not actually use cloth!!" And esp. the new "cloth" wipes, I wonder how in the world they are ever supposed to decompose! Ugh.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Using disposibles again for the week we moved last month...

They were so nasty. They smelled bad. And the they are to dang expensive!! Besides the fact that we had TWO blowouts in them. Never one in cloth and DS#2 has had some HUGE poops. We used Pampers, I won't touch a Luvs... they smell horrible before you even open the bag.

So glad we are back in cloth.
So is DH (he hated the disposibles) and so are both DSs. They both love their cloth.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.