Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you tell when they are wet?? Ds used to be in sposies so I could tell by feeling the front of the diaper for the gel stuff, but now I have to stick my finger in and feel if its wet? Is that the only way?
:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just do the finger test too. That's really the easiest way if they're wearing a cover. My DS is often coverless in the house & it's really easy to tell then

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
at home, we go coverless. my preference is to use less absorbant diapers and prefolds so i can easily tell/see if dd is wet. fireflys are one of my favs cause you can see the wetness. it is difficult with more absorbant dipes though. i love fussybutts but they are so absorbant that i could never tell without doing an inside check. i found that i just didn't reach for them as much and i hated that cause they are my prettiest dipes. i took out the snap in doublers and now i use them WAY more. they are perfect; still absorbant enough for naps but i can way more easily tell when dd pees. and for out and about, i just pop the doubler back in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts