Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a soaker??? I just saw a picture of a beautiful diaper that a mama had crocheted, but I don't understand how they work? I've heard of wool covers and soakers, but I never quite understood. Sorry this is so stupid!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
a "wool soaker" is a cover, but doesn't have a waterproof layer (PUL) b/c wool is naturally waterproof and will keep all the wetness in (well, if the diaper is saturated then it might get damp on the outside)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I was a little confused because on one of the posts about the picture of the soaker, someone said that they had seen a soaker on ebay, but it wasn't crocheted as tightly and they thought the pee would go right through, so I thought maybe someone used these as diapers! Oh well, like I said, it was kinda stupid!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LyndaB
someone said that they had seen a soaker on ebay, but it wasn't crocheted as tightly and they thought the pee would go right through
Hee hee hee, that was me. You'll find that I'm often unclear in my words, even to myself at times,

Anyway, in that instance, I meant pee thru the diaper and thru the soaker b/c of how it was crocheted.

The diaper lingo can be a bit confusing b/c soaker can mean a knitted or crocheted cover or it can be referring to the absorbent middle section of a diaper, like a snap in soaker, for example.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.