Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br><br>
We are considering possibly moving to Germany. Are there any montessori schools or other non-traditional schools older children? My children are 10, almost 8 and 5 years old. They were homeschooled for many years and are currently working on their second year in a montessori school. We are american and have never lived outside of the country. Please tell me what you can about Stuttgart.<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
There is a montesorri just down the street from us, but that's all I know. I'd say I've seen older (8-10 ish) kids coming out of there.<br><br>
We're about a km or so from downtown Stuttgart.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Stuttgart can be rather provincial or conservative in many ways, but that's just my opinion.<br><br>
If you have homeschooled for several years, I would recommend a private school, Montessori or the international programme, as German public schools mainly tend be rather administrative and rigid.<br>
You can google for Bundesfamilienministerium (state department for families) and find out more about the German school system and in particular for Baden-Wuerthenberg, the school section should provide a list with non-public licensed schools, Montessori etc.<br><br>
You could try to meet some of the crunchy folks via the Waldorf schools/extracurricular activities if that fits your philosophy.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>We moved to the DC area instead of Germany.  The kids are attending the local public school here and really enjoying it.  Thanks for the replies!</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts