Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 10 month old dd has been rubbing at her eye a lot today. It is starting to look like she has a small bit of swelling and some redness near the lower tear duct area. I tried to squirt breastmilk in it, but can't get her to hold still! Maybe when she's sleeping... Other than that, anything I can do to make it feel better for her?

·
Registered
808 Posts
ugh! i suffer from them too often and know how they hurt. don't know if you will be able to manage this with a squirmy kid but a warm compress helps a ton, or you can soak a cloth with breastmilk and apply that. sometimes easier than squirting it...<br>
poor baby, i hope she feels better soon!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Her eye may just be irritated from rubbing however here are some remedies for you that I have used on my dd's.<br><br>
Make a compress of eyebright : infuse a 5ml tsp of herb in a cup of hot water and soak a soft cloth with infusion. let it cool and then rinse eye with it.<br><br>
Since you are breastfeeding take propolis for sure , and golden seal if there is mucous forming in the eye. Increase your probiotic intake and watch for diarrhea and or constipation in babe and treat it accordingly.<br><br>
Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts