Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have not eaten beef or pork for years, but every year about this time, I miss the corned beef that my mom used to make. Does anyone have a decent alternative for it that could use either chicken or turkey or even a vegetarian option?? I know it's a tall order, but I miss it so much!!<br><br>
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
Why is it that you don't eat beef anymore? Would you be willing to eat beef once a year and still fit into whatever reasons you stopped eating beef?<br><br>
Otherwise, look for some kind of brined turkey breast to cook.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
I wonder if it would be satisfying enough to make all the sides -- the cabbage and potatoes and carrots and soda bread (or whatever your mom served with it).

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
How is it that your mom used to cook the corned beef? During the winter time we always loooooved corned beef, or ham, boiled with potatos and greens. I love that dish, as simple as it may seem, because it reminds me of my grandmother. Now a day I would substitute for a good nitrate free ham/pork, preferably evengrass fed (if going for the beef) if available. The splurge one a year is much more affordable then eating it every day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts