Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings!

I'm new to this forum, and just wanted to share a Sudbury school that I intern at in San Diego called Leeway Sudbury School! It's a small, alternative, non-profit, private school school for preschool through high school aged students, located in the Normal Heights neighborhood of San Diego. Here, students can design and implement their own unique educational program in the context of a democratic community.

Leeway is based on the Sudbury model of education, which was first developed
by Sudbury Valley School in 1968. This entails that students at Leeway have the freedom to spend their time as they wish, and as members of a thriving democracy.
In order for students to be responsible for themselves as well as the governance of their school, they develop the ability to work with others under the context of a democratic community.

Through exploring interests and passions at their own pace and discretion, they are thoughtful, self-motivated, and creative. Ultimately, students create their own path toward becoming successful adults and contributing members of society.

I would also just like to make everyone aware that we enroll students ages 4 - 18 throughout the year, and offer many scholarships.

As an intern at this school, I would be happy to answer any questions and contribute to discussion about it on this forum. You can also find a lot of information on the Sudbury model of education through the two links I provided above. Everyone should also feel free to call (619-900-4436)/email the school for more information, or to set up an admissions interview!

Leeway Sudbury School
4370 Cherokee Ave.
San Diego, CA 92104
(619) 900-4436
leewaysudburyschool.org

1 - 1 of 1 Posts