Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lochia has been orangey - I think because I am anemic. I have been treating with iron and chlorophyll (alternating).<br><br>
Suddenly last night the blood got pretty dark and now after my shower I started to trickle almost black blood. Not a huge gush yet, but enough to go WHOA, what the heck is going on?? I pulled down my underwear/pad to see since it felt like the new pad was wet and I am dripping the darkest blood I've seen everywhere.<br><br>
No pain, no fever. Any ideas??<br><br>
I am much more active than I had been for the first 9 days, but not THAT active that I could have overdone it. This morning I've been in bed until just the last hour puttering around and showering!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I am getting that at day 14.....

·
Registered
750 Posts
I don't know about the darkness of it, I would call about that, but my bleeding picked back up this weekend after having been completely done for a couple of days. I didn't do anything that I would remotely consider "overdoing it," just slightly more walking than usual, strolling around an indoor farmer's market and a department store. I was wearing the baby the whole time, so maybe that put pressure on something? Anyway, I too have had the stop and start and changes in flow, fwiw.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the trickle went away at least - THAT freaked me out. If there ends up being another gush or way more than usual, I will call.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I did ask my midwife about this as I have the start and stop kind and she says it pools up in there and gets older and darker and then I move or something changes and it all comes out. I know mine is from baby eating so so so so much last night!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Mine picked up in the last few days again too after being pretty much gone. No dark stuff though - that sounds a bit scary. I would call if you get another gush. No harm in asking.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kimmy, that makes sense -- Lachlan was super hungry this morning and fed a LOT for several hours. Seems that may have just caused the flow increase and it's old stuff, hence the color. It looks like the color of a dark clot, but liquid. So that makes sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts