Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put "fear" in quotes because I'm not really scared, but I don' tknow what else to call it.
I just suddenly realized that I really don't want to push anotherbaby out.. I just want this baby to slide out. No pushing. I had two greatbirths. Pushing was a huge relief the first time. It was very long and ardeous the second time, tiring. Not painful, just very tiring. But it was still great. I'm 30 weeks and just now worrying about pushing? I don't have any reason to suddenly feel this way. I'm not even sure there's a point to this post. I just wanted to share or vent or soething. I wish I knew why this suddenly has come to me!

Namaste, Tara
mama to Doodle (7), Butterfly (2), and Rythm (due at home 1/06)

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
So don't push. Baby will come out. You can breathe her out, while your body pushes.
(hugs) I have no answers for you, since I've only given vaginal birth once. I used hypnobirthing, and let my body bring the baby down. When it was time for her to be born, my body pushed her out. It was hard letting it do it's job, but I breathed and it pushed her out for me.

Her birth was quite gentle, she didn't cry at all for about 12 hours. :p
And I was immediately energized and wide awake after her birth.

Good luck to you momma, whatever happens, will happen.
((hugs))

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Quote:
I just suddenly realized that I really don't want to push anotherbaby out.
hmmmm...esp. after reading Rach's post, I'm wondering...maybe you suddenly realized you're not going to have to push another baby out. Babies do just come out; your womb will do that, whether or not you add to the force.

Labor is HARD WORK. It's HARD to have a baby, no matter how the baby exits a woman's body!! After two great births, you know that. You can't blame the cruddy "emergency" c-section or other unusual (yet typical) labor situation as to why it's hard to have a baby.

You know birth is a difficult and wonderful experience, one to be revered and respected. This sounds like healthy, honorable respect to me
It's all good, my dear.

Worry is the work of pregnancy.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Tara, I can relate.

With my first baby it felt so good to finally push! Every push felt great, and it was nice to finally be able to do something. After 3 hours of pushing he was born, 9 pounds, 8 ounces, in a very good position.

With my second baby, it hurt like hell to push! Every push I was gripped with pain; it was disorienting and confusing to me. I would naturally push about three times during each contraction, and with my second baby, the first push was spent just remembering HOW to push! I hated it! What finally helped was my midwife inserting her fingers to "guide" me -- she put pressure where he was not putting pressure. He was acynclitic AND posterior born, which explained a lot, not only about how long it took (90 minutes) but the fact that I never got the urge to push, and the whole thing was just me trying to do something mentally, not "feeling it," you know? He weighed 9 pounds, 9 ounces.

I am hoping beyond hope this baby and I line up well and he will just "fall" out! I am not worried about the pushing, I am worried about getting to that second stage. I keep telling myself, "I only have to get to 10, I only have to get to 10." Maybe that's my body telling me once we get to pushing things will be okay!

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I was thinking the same thing... that maybe you aren't going to have to consciously push this baby. Maybe you are being guided to prepare to completely let go and allow your body to push out the baby w/o you really trying.

I would try to really focus on that possibility and how that might feel. In other words, really embrace this feeling you are having in a positive way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.