Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>My cycles seem to have gotten longer and my periods have gotten shorter since it came back after my second child. Its only longer by 3 or 4 days but still longer. Is this normal? Does it mean anything with regards to my fertility?</p>

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<p>Has anyone experienced this?</p>

·
Registered
191 Posts
<p>After my periods came back after my second they went from 30 days to about 43--long but regular.  I had a m/c in Oct 10 and they seem to be around 32 days now.  My OB thought I wasn't ovulating with the 43 day cycles but I conceived. I also had all of the hormone testing bloodwork and everything was fine.  Not sure what's going on! Sorry I can't be more help :)</p>

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
<p>I think cycles can change with various factors - age, hormones, life stress etc....Pregnancy can also "reset" the body of sorts so what was the norm previous to birth can be different after. If it is only an extra 3-4 days I don't think I would be concerned with fertility issues. Are you charting to know that you are ovulating? Just probably later in your cycle is all.</p>

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>I'm going to be charting, as soon as this darn baby lets me get more than 2hrs of sleep at a time. LOL we're working on it though.</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts