Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>DD is 10 months old and we've been ECing since the beginning. While we've gone through phases with pee, we almost ALWAYS caught poo.  Until about a week or so ago, when, despite lots of potty/toilet opportunities, she is suddenly pooping her pants. She doesn't seem bothered, and I almost feel like after doing it a few times she figures it is somehow easier....;) I'm guessing the answer to this is that it is a phase. It's too bad, since with EC, I always felt pretty great about the no poopy diapers thing and now I find myself feeling like we are back at the beginning. (I know this is no way to think, and I of course NEVER make a deal about it or anything.) Any suggestions? She sometimes resists the potty, but I do the general things to try and cope with that, and she is still peeing in the potty/toilet. I'm sure, as before, this is just a time to wait and it will change, but I always like to feel like I am doing something.</p>

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
<p>Hmmm, yes, I think it's likely just a phase.  DS went through a really short phase of pooping in his pants around the same age as your DD and it only lasted a week or two and we had maybe 5 or 6 misses in that time, which was actually unheard of as we have been almost 100% on poops since DS was maybe 4 mos old!  I decided at the time he was just "trying it out".  He's now 19 mos and I don't think we've had even one poop miss since that little "expiramental" phase.  If I caught him part way through I'd run him to the toilet. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Fingers crossed for you it's a short lived thing for your DD!  Good luck!</p>

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>thanks for that. Poop on the potty this morning. :) ....sounds very similar to your experience, so yes, fingers crossed! I've been trying to offer interesting distractions so she will sit for a bit, when I think she has to go. </p>

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
<p>Also, my motto is "when in doubt, blame it on teeth."  Even if it wasn't the case, it always made me feel better to blame it on something totally out of my control!  :)</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts